Friday, November 13, 2015

His Blessings, Full Heart, Can't Lose

2Corinthians 2:8  And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things, at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good word.

My heart is so full. So so full. So abundantly blessed at such an unexpected time.

When you think about blessings, extended hospital stays usually doesn't come to mind. But today, this stay has been a blessing for all of us.

Ruby has been incredibly cuddly today. And not in a pitiful way...she's just wanted to sit with me and read with me and giggle with me.... She and I have spent all day just enjoying each other's company whether it was working on speech or reading books or taking countless laps around the unit or singing round after round after round of "Wheels on the Bus". My girl and I have been communicating all day, verbally and nonverbally.

And Eli and Maddux got to have a great Friday afternoon. They went to a friends house after school where they both have friends that they each cherish so much. They spent the glorious, sunny afternoon playing outside with some of their besties.

And finally tonight, Eli is getting what he wants more than anything in the world: one-on-one time with a parent. He and Lehr are eating dinner and working on his science project. Then they will wake up early and leave the house before the sun comes up for a weekend soccer tournament. Meanwhile, Maddux is with a friend whom she's not had much 'alone' hang out time before. She's spending the evening and all day tomorrow with a family that our family loves, even though we rarely get the chance to hang out.

Meanwhile a friend brought me lunch today, and all day long my phone has been lighting up with texts, emails, and Facebook messages, all encouraging and praying for my family.

As I held my baby girl tonight, soaking in all of the kisses and hugs she was giving me, I was reminded how incredibly blessed our family is. How blessed we are to be separated under three different roofs tonight, and still feel so loved and connected.

No comments: