Friday, October 09, 2015

His Plan

Jeremiah 1:5  “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

After Ruby was born we muddled through all of the 'why me' and disbelief, and quickly came to realize that God so knew what He was doing when He intentionally gave us (ME) time after Maddux to realize that our family was not yet complete, to realize that He is so wise in His plan of the years we (I) had between the girls so that I could explore two side careers and not feel pushed out of them when Ruby came along, to realize that the community Ruby introduced us to is one that we desperately need(ed) to be a part of.

And now, just two short months after He has given us another piece of the puzzle we call life, another family we know may joining us on this walk. Such a coincidence that this mother and I crossed paths the night before Ruby was born, several months before her daughter was born, both with an extra chromosome unconfirmed before birth. How interesting that we re-met about a year later and occasionally got together with the girls in the last year. Almost unbelievable that her daughter's doctor wasn't going to run a full blood panel at her check-up, but this mom insisted because of Ruby's recent diagnosis. Pretty crazy that Ruby and I were here tonight when they were admitted, just a few doors away from ours.

When I got the news of their admission, I put Ruby in her wagon and I started pacing the halls. I'm not a pacer, but I couldn't stay in the room and sit, even though it was shift change time, meaning we weren't supposed to leave the unit. I wasn't sure if I was reliving some of the emotions I felt when I found about about Ruby, or if it was just nervous energy as I tried to figure out what to say that would most help them in this moment. In the end I decided that it was my own confusion and comfort in the bigger picture. I don't know if they are part of the plan for us, or if we are part of the plan for them, but God's got put us both here together for a reason.

No comments: