Monday, February 09, 2015

Mad Dog

I really wish I'd remember to write down the stuff that comes out of that girl's mouth because it is always Awe. Some.
For now, this is all I can remember from the last few weeks:

  • The other night I was rushing her a little to get out of the shower and get her PJ's on so that we could finish up Little House in the Prairie before it was due at the library. She and I had been planning (and looking forward) to reading two or three whole chapters before bed. But she was dawdling while drying her hair and she asked me several times if we could only read one and save the others for tomorrow after school. We had a few minutes of back and forth until I finally asked why she didn't want to read that night. In a very serious tone she said, "Because I want to join the party downstairs." (Lehr had some music on while he and Ruby hung out before her bath.)
  • After Maddux attended a ballet performance of Snow White with her class, we were discussing the details. At one point she told me that there were some 5, 6, and 7 year olds dancing too. I asked which part(s) they were playing and she told me, "lions". My memory of Snow White doesn't include lions, so I asked her if there were really lions in Snow White. She looked at me, batted her eyelashes and said, "Think outside of the box!"

No comments: